Last week L turned 3 – still young enough to have some of the cuteness of a toddler, but with the attitude of a teenager. Her smile can brighten a whole room; but watch out when she gets angry. But overall she’s a happy little girl, and I hope that’s a trait she keeps well into adulthood.
Here are a few other special traits that make the Husband and I giggle every time:
- If you tell her something, she often repeats it back as a sentence. “Time to go to the car?”
- Of course her favorite movie is Frozen. But one time I asked if she loved her big sister enough to do what Anna did at the end of the movie. L’s response: “No. No, I would not do that”
- Some sounds are still difficult for her to say. For example, “shirt” is “sirt”, and birthday is pronounced “birth-a-day”
- She is a master of comic timing. The Husband and I could be having a conversation filled with puns and veiled humor. Then suddenly she’ll let out a perfectly timed hearty laugh.
- She still has some baby curls and gets the best bedhead ever. I secretly hope she gets to keep those curls permanently.
- This girl’s already got some attitude. “No, thanks” is accompanied with a very firm hand out in front.
Of course, she had to take the birthday interview, too (find out what T said when she turned 3):
Birthday Interview (Age 3):
What’s your favorite color? Pink
(until about 3 months ago it was blue )
What’s your favorite food? sandwiches
What’s your least favorite food? tomatoes
What’s your favorite book? Anybody Home
What’s your favorite toy? The toy monkey
What’s your favorite thing to do? Paint
What’s your favorite song? Let it Go
What’s your favorite show? Daniel Tiger
What’s your favorite movie? Frozen
Who’s your best friend? Killian
Are you afraid of anything? No (lies)
Do you want to get married when you grow up? No
Who do you want to marry? You, mommy
What do you want to be when you grow up? Be a big girl
What’s the best thing about turning 3? My birthday
Subscribe via Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter to get more updates!